• 1 Whole partridge
• White Miso paste
• Mirepoix and thyme
VANILLA & PARSNIP PURÉE
• 1kg of parsnips
• 1 vanilla pod, scraped out
• 50g butter
• 300ml milk
• Parisian of compressed apple
• Chanterelle mushrooms
• Blowtorched caramel apple
• Fresh truffles
1. Prepare the partridge on mirepoix ready for roasting.
2. Mix honey and miso paste and brush the bird all over. Roast at 160°c for 8 minutes, then leave out of the oven to rest for 5 minutes and brush again with paste.
3. Put the partridge back in the oven to cook for a further 5 mins and then rest the bird until ready to carve.
4. Prepare the parsnips by peeling and taking out the core. In a pan over a medium heat add butter until foaming and then add parsnips. Cook until the parsnip has broken down and got a nice golden colour.
5. Add milk and bring up to simmer and cook out until you can blitz in a blender and pass through a chinois. Add the vanilla and season to taste.
6. Carve the breast off the bird and sear skin side down in a hot pan until golden and crispy. Slice fresh truffle and add to the skin, then brush again with the honey and miso paste.
7. For the garnish, sautéed off chanterelle mushrooms and set aside. Use a Parisian scoop to ball out apple, then vacuum pack with apple juice.
8. For the caramel apple, slice apple on a mandolin then use ring cutters to cut out the core and around the edge. Dust with sugar and blow torch.