- 500g venison haunch
- 1 tsp juniper berries
- 500ml beef stock
- 500ml red wine
- 4 small prebaked tart cases
- 3 rosemary stalks
- Pickled beetroot
- 200g buffalo ricotta in a piping bag
- 50g toasted crushed pistachio nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 150°c.
2. In a large pan, season and sear the
venison until golden brown.
3. Add the wine, stock, juniper and rosemary. Cover with foil and cook in the centre of the preheated oven for 21⁄2 hours, or until tender.
4. Once cooked finely shred the meat and mix with enough of the braising juices to bind it.
1. Split the venison mix between the tart cases and place on a medium starter plate.
2. To assemble the beetroot, lay out three slices of beetroot per portion on a tray.
3. Pipe a generous amount of buffalo ricotta on two beetroot slices and stack up like a tower.
4. Place the beetroot and ricotta stack alongside the tart.
5. Sprinkle the top of the beetroot stack with the crushed pistachio.