- 300g venison loin
- 30g cornichons
- 30g capers
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- A splash of yuzu juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few drops of Worcestershire sauce to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
EGG YOLK PURÉE
- 4 egg yolks
- Vegetable oil to cover the egg yolks
- 145g rye flour
- 145g T45/strong bread flour
- 12g salt
- 135ml warm water
- 50ml olive oil
- Egg yolk wash
- Sea salt flakes
- 5 onions
- 150g soy sauce
- 200g honey
- 100ml Cabernet Sauvignon vinegar
- 50ml vegetable oil
1. Diced the venison loin into small 1cm cubes.
2. Finely dice the cornichons, capers and shallots.
3. Add all the ingredient into a mixing bowl and stir well, making sure everything is mixed together.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
EGG YOLK PURÉE
1. Separate the eggs and place the yolks into an oven proof bowl or dish of oil.
2. Set the oven to 64°c and cook for 1 hour.
3. Take the egg yolks out of the oil and blitz with a hand blender until smooth, and season with salt and pepper.
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Once all of the ingredients are bind together, shape into a ball.
3. Roll out the dough as thinly as possible (you can use a pasta machine).
4. Cut into strips, brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
5. Bake at 180°c in the oven for 6 minutes.
6. Turn the oven off and leave the crackers in the oven until they are cool and dry.
1. Peel and diced the onions into small cubes.
2 Pour a little oil into a saucepan and sweat the onions until soft.
3. Add the soy sauce, honey and vinegar. Stir well.
4. Simmer for a few minutes, then blitz with a hand blender.